- "What, me? I’m Nikki. I make coffee and give fake smiles at the cafe around the corner. I like video games and wasting time on the internet…seriously, there’s not much to me. My taste in games is pretty retro; I spend too much time at the arcade. I like fighting games, shoot-em-ups and platformers. Wait, don’t tell me, you’re the kind of guy that plays those weird anime dating games."
- — Original Intro
Nikki has a slim physique. Her blue eyes match the color of her hair that only extend to her shoulders, and wears glasses with a frame large enough to cover her eyelashes. In her usual attire, she wears an oversized sweater that is slanted to show her bra strap. She also wears white shorts that are patterned in black. She wears black shoes with white patterns and grey shoelaces.
"Nikki despises her job as a barista at the Cafe. She doesn't particularly like or trust people and certainly doesn't go out of her way to accommodate them or make them feel welcome. She is almost always cold and distant to new people she meets, but she'll warm up to those who she feels understand her. Nikki spends her free time at home playing video games, browsing the web, reading comics, updating her blog and getting involved in conspiracy theories" - Game Description
“Nikki is a shy nerd girl who started out streaming video games but quickly realized how much more money she could make by showing the goods” - HunieCam Studio Bio
"Nikki works at the Cafe as a Barista. She would go to university with her friends Tiffany and Audrey if she didn’t believe it was a waste of her time. As an autodidact, she’s good at teaching herself anything she needs to know. She spends a lot of time at her computer browsing the internet, reading webcomics, updating her blog and getting involved in conspiracy theory groups just for fun. In addition to being a talented artist, Nikki is an avid gamer and sinks a large chunk of her paycheck into arcade machines every week."-Original Backstory
Nikki and Audrey call each other friends, but their relationship doesn't seem to be positive. When the player first talks to Nikki at Lusties Nightclub, it's preceded by a conversation that becomes an argument between Nikki and Audrey, with Audrey yelling at Nikki that she acts like this all the time, while Nikki argues that Audrey dragged her here again despite her saying she didn't want to go. This negativity is brought up again in other conversations with both girls: They still refer to each other as "my friend," but Nikki comments that Audrey is hot but such a bitch (and possibly also calling her a bitch during her and the player's first talk, depending on the player's dialogue choices), while Audrey shares the generally private detail that Nikki doesn't shave (and her disgust of it).
Before Lola is first talked to at Nutmeg Cafe, the player will watch her and Nikki talking. Lola asks Nikki to make the cappuccino she ordered, and Nikki says someone else will help her. When Lola asks her to take the time to make it, Nikki says she's off the clock now and was supposed to have left fifteen minutes ago, to Lola's annoyance. From the player's first conversation with Lola, she's had similar interactions with Nikki, befitting Nikki's hate of her job.
Nikki never talks about Tiffany by name so her opinion of Tiffany is mostly unknown, but she says her friends keep making her go out, implying that both Audrey and Tiffany try to make her socialize. Tiffany meanwhile calls Nikki her friend and knows about some of Nikki's interests. From talks and dates with Tiffany, she knows about Nikki's belief in aliens but doesn't believe in them herself, and also thinks Nikki would have a good time at Gold Falls Casino with all the gaming machines.
Initial Style Level:
Initial Talent Level:
Initial Pay Rate:
Glasses, Huge Tits
- HuniePopDev has stated on his Twitter that Nikki got her name because "I've known several girls named Nikki and all of them are shy/nerdy/artsy girls, so it seemed too perfect".
- Nikki is the only one of the main cast (human girls) confirmed to have an unnatural hair color that is not achieved by the use of dye. Audrey may be another.
- Nikki's favorite hangout "Her Home" is the only location that is one of the girl's favorite hangouts in which the player can not access.
- Nikki is one of four characters to wear glasses.
- Nikki is the only girl who can be met at Turtle Bay Beach at night, other than Celeste once she's unlocked.
- Conveniently, in order to unlock Celeste, the player must meet Nikki on the beach at night (as she's the only girl who will be there at that time) while having the Weird Device in their inventory.
- Furthermore, while Nikki doesn't seem to specifically know about Celeste, she mentions she's "seen some strange shit at night" if the player tells her they don't believe we're alone in the universe, suggesting she suspects the connection between the beach and aliens.
- Given the memes and references peppered throughout HuniePop, Nikki may be a caricature of camgirl Anna Molli, who became popular on the link-sharing site Reddit when a post of her art went up on the front page of r/gaming. Both used to share a similar build, haircut, and hairstyle; both also wear similar glasses. This is only speculation, however.
- Nikki might be based on the kuudere ("kuu" = from "cool," "dere" = loving or doting), a sort of acting in Japanese works.
- In some ways, they are the other side of the same coin as the tsundere in that both show conflicting attitudes and behaviors. In particular, they are generally not honest about their interests, especially their personal relationships, at least until those relationships are built over time.
- The main difference is how they cover their true feelings. While the tsundere is characterized by iciness, hostility and/or anger to those they actually care about, the kuudere is shy, emotionally detached, and/or doesn't like company and is antisocial in their behavior. Like the tsundere, whatever their reasons (if any) for acting how they do, they tend to have a "shell" around themselves that only special people are allowed to get through and know how they really feel, which is seen when Nikki sometimes shows surprise and gratitude at the player's continued good treatment of her.
- They tend to want to be alone most of the time or at least not care about being alone, similar to the way Nikki acts towards people.
- Common for kuudere is that they don't have many friends, if any. Nikki also doesn't have many friends, making her one of the common sorts of kuudere because she has only two friends, Audrey and Tiffany.
- According to the cut content section of the HuniePop 2: Double Date art collection, Nikki was intended to be a dateable girl in the cast lineup for the game and had a full lineup of sprites, though no sex photos. It is unknown why she was cut from the final game.
- That said, her voice actress, Skyler Davenport, is the voice for Sarah in HuniePop 2.
- Nikki's default outfit was going to be more athletic, consisting of a white tank top from her Tank Top outfit from HunieCam, what seems to be a black buruma (underwear-like gym shorts, "bloomers" translated from English to Japanese to English), fingerless gloves that seem to be made of the same material as the sweater she wore, large pink and white headphones around her neck with a large pink gem in each earmuff, her glasses, and a side-tie ponytail like her Sprightly or Scrunchie hairstyles. She also would have had a much larger bust than in the first game.
- Hayden Daviau, Kyanna's voice actress, portrayed Nikki in Random Encounters' video HuniePop the Musical.